I would be a bad food blogger to post a Taco Soup recipe and then not share with you my fabulous five star corn bread recipe. I originally had this corn bread at a church dinner and had to get the recipe.
Honestly, this is the best recipe for corn bread I’ve ever had. I have other corn bread recipes. However, this is my favorite one and the one I make the most.
If you have tried that one corn bread recipe you make using a cake mix, give this one a try. Then you’ll see what you’ve been missing. This is the perfect balance of cakiness and corniness. It also uses baking mix for the base. It helps make it super easy to put together.
I mean how could you lose with a recipe that calls for 2 sticks of butter? This recipe is also really simple. Just make sure to follow the directions to mix it with a fork. That is key with this recipe. And don’t forget to slather this five star corn bread when you eat it with some good old honey butter.Print
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3 heaping Tbsp corn meal
- 2 sticks or 1 cup melted butter (you need the real stuff)
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and milk. Beat together with a fork.
- Add in the remaining ingrediets and mix with fork (not a mixer or it will fall). Mixture will have small lumps.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 9 x13 pan. I like to use a glass pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve while warm with honey butter. Makes 15 servings.
- Category: Breads
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This is the original photo for this post when it was first published in December 2008.