This post contains affiliate links.
If making rolls for Thanksgiving dinner makes you want to run and hide, then no need to fear. I have the perfect solution, these honey corn bread muffins. Bread/roll making can be intimidating for some. If you fit into that category then why not opt for corn bread instead. You don’t have to deal with yeast when making corn bread.
In my book, corn bread falls into 2 categories – cakey and corny. Now, I personally prefer the cakey version. However, this recipe for honey corn bread muffins are more of an in between cakey and corny. I actually enjoyed it. So I think this should satisfy your guests whether they prefer cakey or corny cornbread. It is also excellent served with honey butter! I highly recommend you make it!
- BAKING POWDER
- BAKING SODA
- LIGHT SOUR CREAM
- MILK (I USED SKIM MILK)
Honey Corn Bread Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk (I used skim milk)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease or line a standard sized 12 cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs until just beaten. Then whisk in honey, sour cream, and milk until blended. Then slow drizzle in the butter while whisking until combined.
- Add liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir together with a spoon just until combined and all the flour is moist. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter between prepared muffin tin. Bake at 400 degrees for 14-18 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes. Remove and serve.
Recipe adapted from Good Life Eats.
[…] #1 Honey Corn Bread Muffins […]
[…] Photo provided by Real Mom Kitchen […]
That’s obviously sweet! I love that.