Today’s red and white baked pasta recipe is going to be another great “go to meal” when you need something quick and easy. I saw a similar recipe on Good Things Utah (a local TV show) and made my own version of it. The idea is quite simple, you make pasta using both a red sauce and a white sauce mixed together. It is similar to the Easy Pasta Bake recipe that I have posted before. My husband said he likes this version better. It was gobbled up by everyone. We only had 1/4 of the whole 9x 13 left.
When I created this red and white baked pasta I wanted to make sure I have the right ratio of pasta to sauce. I wanted to made sure it wouldn’t turn out too dry. This turned out just right. I also served it up with some herbed garlic bread. I had some leftover bolillo rolls from Sam’s Club laying around the house. These rolls kind of look like footballs and are apparently a crusty Mexican sandwich rolls. They also sell the at Walmart too. Anyway, I made little individual loaves of herbed garlic bread with these rolls. Loved it on these rolls. You must try it. They were soft, chewy, and delicious. We were in garlic bread heaven.
- 4 cups penne noodles
- 1 (15 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 (24 oz ) jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the two sauces together.
- Add mozzarella cheese to the sauce mixture and combine.
- Add drained pasta to the sauce mixture and stir to combine..
- Pour pasta into a 9×13 casserole dish and bake about 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top and bake another five minutes. (I also sprinkled mine with fresh parsley just before serving.) Enjoy! Serves 6-8
This recipe was tested using Bertolli Organic Olive Oil, Basil, and Garlic red sauce and Bertolli Garlic Alfredo white sauce.