I love a one pot meal. It makes for easy clean up. Today, I have a creamy one pot rigatoni recipe for you. It is also ready in just a little more than 30 minutes too!
This creamy rigatoni uses both cream and marinara sauce in it. My family loves it when I add cream or alfredo sauce to marinara sauce for pasta. In addition to the cream, there is both mozzarela and parmesan cheese added in there.
I use rigatoni in this dish but ziti would also work well if that’s what you have on hand. Serve tis up with a sald on the side and some type of bread. I will be sharing the recipe for the breadsticks in the photo tomorrow.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz dry rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, add the broth, cream, garlic, salt, pepper and dry pasta. Cover and heat over medium high heat until it starts to simmer. Once simmering, remove the lid off and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- When the pasta is cooked, turn the heat down to medium low. Add in the pasta sauce and stir to combine.
- Gradually add in the cheese and stir to melt the cheese into the sauce. The cheese will thicken the sauce as it melts.
- Allow the pasta to rest for 5 or so minutes to let the pasta absorb a little of the sauce.
- Category: Meatless
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
This recipe is adapted from Cooking with Karli.