I have another recipe for you today that fits my goal for this year to “simplify” when possible. This easy pasta soup comes together quickly thanks to canned products. I also cook the pasta in a separate pot while I am browning the sausage. This helps get the soup ready sooner by multi- tasking. I have included instructions in the notes to cook the pasta in the soup if you would rather have a one pot meal.
I have several more soup recipes coming up for you over the next few weeks. I have really been loving the simplicity of a bowl of soup for dinner.Print
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked pasta (I used mini bowtie)
- 1 lb. mild italian sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (24 oz) marinara sauce (I used Kirkland brand)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Optional topping: shredded mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese
- In a large sauce pan, bring to boil water to cook pasta. Add pasta and cook according to package. Once cooked, rinse and set aside.
- In the meantime, in a large stock pot, brown sausage with onion and pepper until sausage is fully cooked. Drain off any grease.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot along with the sausage mixture. Let simmer for 15 minutes and add cooked pasta.
- Serve soup topped with shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese. Serves 6 -8.
If you prefer to cook the pasta in the soup you can. You will need to increase the water by at least 1 cup and let the soup simmer for 30 minutes instead of the 15 in order to fully cook the pasta. I prefer to cook it in a separate pot in order to get dinner done sooner.
Recipe adapted from Mommy Hates Cooking.