Today, I have another recipe that can help you “simplify” you life. We are making enchiladas, but there is no need to cook any meat or roll up tortillas. These too easy enchiladas come together in no time by using frozen beef taquitos. I used the Jose Ole’ Shredded Steak Taquitos from Sam’s Club to make them. I usually have some in my freeze because my boys love to have them on hand for a snack or quick lunch. I love that they have a corn shell.
Now, you do make an easy enchilada sauce to top these with. However, you could even make life easier and used canned sauce, but I love the thickness of the homemade sauce. The canned versions tend to be quite thin. Plus, this sauce really comes together quickly.Print
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1–2 1/2 Tbsp chili powder (depending on how spicy you like you enchilada sauce)
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp cumin
- 12 frozen beef taquitos
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, combine the tomato sauce. chili powder, tumeric, water, and cumin. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Place the taquitos in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Pour sauce over taquitos and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serves 4 to 6.
Recipe adapted from my friend Diane. 🙂