Happy Valentine’s to you all! If you need a quick last minute Valentine’s treat for your loved ones today, no need to fear. Just grab some chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate covered pretzels for a fun and delicious cookie. This is how a friend of mine makes her chocolate chip cookies and I am now hooked.
Now, you can always make your own homemade cookie dough if you prefer. I mean, you just add the pretzels on top of the baked cookie right when it comes out of the oven. So technically you could do this to any cookie that you want to. I mean a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie would also be amazing! However, I just kept it easy by making these Pretzel Topped Chocolate Chip Cookies with prepared refrigerated cookie dough.
You can also but any chocolate covered twisty pretzels. I used the regular chocolate covered Flipz you can get at the store. However, you can buy them in other varieties. I have also seen them sold in the bakery department of stores at various holidays that include festive sprinkles. You could even make them yourself if you are going for a specific look.
I love the addition of saltiness and crunch that the chocolate covered pretzel adds to regular chocolate chip cookies. Grab a treat box or cellophane bag to toss these pretzel topped chocolate chip cookies into and your loved one will love you for sure!
- PILLSBURY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE REFRIGERATED DOUGH
- CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS FROM A 5 OZ PKG OF FLIPZ MILK CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETEZELS
Pretzel Topped Chocolate Chip Cookies
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 30 oz pkg. Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie refrigerated dough
- 24 chocolate covered pretzels from a 5 oz pkg of Flipz Milk Chocolate Covered Pretezels
- Cook cookies according to package directions.
- When you remove them from the oven, gently press a chocolate covered pretzel on top of each cookie.
- Allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet for a minute, then remove to a cooling rack and allow cookies to cool. Makes 2 dozen cookies.