Back in 2010, I had seen this recipe for Spaghetti a la Pilly on the Love My Philly site. Then, I saw a few bloggers make this dish and decided it was time to give it a try. I mean the recipe is very simple and only takes 5 ingredients. You could even have the kids make this one it’s that easy. You need to brown the hamburger, cook the noodles, and be able to stir. This meal can be put together in less than 30 minutes.
The secret ingredient here is a little cream cheese. It helps jazz up regular old bottled sauce over spaghetti. Gives it a more creamy texture. This was another quick and easy meal that was loved by all. As the noodles and sauce cooled a little, the sauce gets pretty thick. You can add a little water to thin if necessay.
Since finding this recipe, I found a variation on this original recipe for a zesty spaghetti a la philly at My Food and Family. Now, I want to try that version and see which one I like best.Print
- 3/4 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce **see note
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed (Next time I’m trying 2–3 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- COOK spaghetti as directed on package.
- MEANWHILE, brown meat in large skillet; drain. Return meat to skillet. Stir in sauce and cream cheese; cook on low heat 3 to 5 min. or until sauce is well blended and heated through, stirring frequently.
- DRAIN spaghetti. Add to sauce; mix lightly. Place on platter; top with Parmesan.
This recipe was tested using Prego Roasted Garlic Parmesan sauce.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian