One of the biggest challenges I see with meal planning is figuring ways out to cook a full chicken breast. You can grill it, marinade it, bake it, or coat it. This baked ranch chicken is a soluton to this challenge.
This chicken isn’t coated with any bread crumbs. Corn flakes are used instead. Ranch dressing is used for the flavor along with grated parmesan cheese. That’s all you need for the coating.
Now you need a way to get the breading to stick to the chicken. No egg is used in this baked ranch chicken. Instead you use butter. BUTTA! So good!
However, this isn’t fried in oil like many breaded chicken recips so don’t feel too bad about that butter. Instead this breaded chicken is baked.Print
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 (1 oz) pkg dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 3500 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ranch dressing mix, crushed corn flakes, and parmesan cheese to a gallon sized freezer bag. Add chicken breasts to the bag one at a time. Shake to coat the chicken each time and then place each chicken breasts in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle any of the remaining coating over the chicken breats in the dish.
- Bake chicken at 375 degrees for 40 minutes, check at 25 minutes to make sure coating isn’t getting too brown. If needed cover with foil at that point to prevent the coating from burning. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Life in a Lofthouse.