As we turn to fall now, instead of cold sandwiches, I like them to be toasty. These turkey cheddar apple sliders can be made using leftover turkey. So it is a great option to utilize Thanksgiving leftovers. However, that are just as delicious to make with deli sliced turkey too.
Turkey and cheddar are always great when paired together. Then you add in some sweet and crunchy Honeycrisp apple slices. Trust me! The you add in some Dijon mustard and pepper jelly. I love the sweet heat that the jelly adds.
This sliders get all warm and toasty by baking them covered in the oven for 25 minutes. Then you brush the tops with melted butter and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes. The butter ads flavor along with a slightly crisp top. Eat these turkey cheddar sliders as an appetizer, a snack, or as a main dish. It will be excellent for any of those.
- HAWAIIAN ROLLS OR OTHER SIMILAR SMALL DINNER ROLLS
- LEFTOVER OR DELI SLICED TURKEY
- HONEYCRISP APPLE
- SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE
- PEPPER JELLY (STORE BOUGHT OR HOMEMADE)
- DIJON MUSTARD
- 1 package 12 Hawaiian rolls or other similar small dinner rolls
- 10 oz leftover or deli sliced turkey
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 10 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pepper jelly (store bought or homemade)
- 1/8 Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Leaving the Hawaiian rolls intact, slice them open with a serrated knife so that you have one solid top and bottom. If using other dinner rolls that are pacakged individually, just slice each roll in half lengthwise.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in the baking dish. Spread dijon mustard on the bottom of the rolls. Then layer on the 1/2 the cheese, all of the turkey, and all of the apple.
- Drop the pepper jelly over the rolls by small spoonfuls in the center of where are slider would be. Then top off with the remaining cheese.
- Place on the top of th rolls. Cover pan with foil. Cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remover foil and brush tops with melted butter. Place bake in the oven uncovered for 5 minutes. Cut into individal sliders and serve. Serve 4 as a main dish or 12 as an appetizer.
This recipe is adapted from The Reluctant Entertainer.