One dish meals are always nice to have in your recipe file. Who doesn’t love a meal without a lot of clean up? Today’s super fast pasta bake recipe is just that. It’s an easy meal that is all mixed and cooked in the same dish.
The only other things you may have to dirty is a measuring cup, spoon, and cheese grater. You can skip the cheese grater if you want to use pre-shredded cheese.
It is also a simple dish – just pasta, sauce, and cheese. No need to pre-cook you pasta here. It all cooks together in the oven. This super fast pasta bake is a yummy meatless dish! I adapted this one from Meals 4 Moms.
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni or other small shaped pasta (I used mini bow tie pasta)
- 4 1/4 cups spaghetti/marinara sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( I used a cheese blend)
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, combine the spaghetti/marinara sauce, water, and tomatoes. Stir in raw pasta.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour until pasta is tender.
- Top with cheese and place back in the oven uncovered. Bake a few more minutes until cheese is melted. Serves 4-6.
This is the original photo from this post when it was first posted in March 2011.