Lasagna is always a family favorite. However, it can be time consuming to make. So, I am always looking for a way to simplify the process. This baked spaghetti lasagna (AKA Spasagna) is a fun change and quicker to make.
The cheese mixture gets tossed with cooked spaghetti and place in a 9 x 13 dish. This bakes for 30 minutes. While baking, you brown up some beef or sausage and mix in a bottle of marinara. Once the pasta portion is baked you just cut into squares and top with the sauce mixture. The family loved this spasagna just as much as the usual lasagna.
This baked spaghetti lasagna does make a whole 9 x 13 pan but the recipe could be easily cut in half. I love that the pasta cuts easily into squares and is easy to serve – a lot easier than regular lasagna.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 5 cups shredded mozzarela
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb ground beef or sausage
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella, ricotta, sour cream, half and half, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, pepper, garlic, and salt.
- Once combined toss with cooked spaghetti. Pour mixture into prepared 9 x 13 pan and spread out so mixture is even in the pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While pasta bakes, brown beef or sausage in a large skillet. Drain off any grease. Then mix in jar of marinara and heat until warm.
- To serve, cut pasta into squares and top with meat sauce. Serves 12.
Recipe adapted from Just a Pinch.