This post contains affiliate links.
With Valentine’s just around the corner, you have got to have a chocolate recipe. If it was up to my husband, it would be a chocolate cake just like this frosted chocolate sour cream bundt cake!
This cake all begins with a box mix, but the addition of dry pudding mix and sour cream makes this can even more tender and moist. Chocolate chips are mixed into the batter to up the chocolate factor.
This bundt cake would be great as is, but chocolate cake is even better with chocolate frosting on top. The frosting put on top of the cake is even more decadent because it is prepared with cream instead of milk. This cake will appease any chocolate lover and will be amazing to serve on Valentines.
Frosted Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake
- 1 (15.25 oz) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.9 oz) box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10- inch bundt pan with butter or shortening and lightly dust with flour or spray with a baking spray. I prefer the baking spray, it includes flour in the spray. Set pan aside.
- In the bowl, whisk the cake mix and pudding mix together. Add in the sour cream, eggs, oil, and water. Mix together with a mixer for 2 minutes.Fold in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then invert the pan onto a plate. Cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting – In a bowl beat the butter, cocoa powder and powdered sugar until combined. Add in the vanilla and cream and beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until creamy. Spread over the top half of the cooled cake. Serves 12.
Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups.