Caramel and apples is a combination that screams fall flavor. I love fresh apples dipped in a rich, creamy, chewy carmel coating. Today’s recipe for Caramel Apple Bundt Cake brings those flavors together but in cake form.
To make live easy, I used a cake mix for the base of the cake. It get a few extra additions though to make it even more delicious including chopped up apple. Then this cake gets a generous topping of an amazing caramel icing. The icing is what really makes this caramel apple bundt cake!
When making recipes using fresh apples I always like to use 2 kinds of apples. My favorite combination is granny smith and galas.
- YELLOW CAKE MIX (I USED DUNCAN HINES)
- WHITE CHOCOLATE INSTANT PUDDING MIX
- BROWN SUGAR
- WHIPPING CREAM
- POWDERED SUGAR
- 1 (18.5 oz) pkg yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan or spray with Pam BAKING Spray (Be sure it is BAKING spray).
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs, and applesauce.
- Beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes. Then fold in the diced apple.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Invert cake on a cake plate and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium sauce pan, add butter, brown sugar, salt, and whipping cream. Heat over medium heat to combine and bring to a boil stirring constantly. When it reaches boiling allow to boil for one minute and remove from heat.
- Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes. Add powdered sugar to mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Immediately pour glaze slowly over cake and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 12.
Recipe adapted from the Our Table for Seven.