Caramel and apples is a combination that screams fall flavor. I love fresh apples dipped in a rich, creamy, chewy carmel coating. Today’s recipe for Caramel Apple Bundt Cake brings those flavors together but in cake form.
To make life easy, I used a cake mix for the base of the cake. It gets a few extra additions though to make it even more delicious including chopped up apple. Then this cake gets a generous topping of an amazing caramel icing. The icing is what really makes this caramel apple bundt cake!
So start with a yellow cake mix. Then you mix in some white chocolate pudding mix, water, eggs, and applesauce. Once you have that combined, you fold in some diced apple. Then the batter cooks in a bundt pan at 350 for about 1 hour.
Once the cake is removed from the pan and cooled completely, it’s time for the icing. This is a cooked icing. Start by adding some butter, brown sugar, salt, and whipping cream to a medium sauce pan. Then bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. When it reaches boiling allow to boil for one minute and remove from heat. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Last, whisk in some powdered sugar until smooth.
When making recipes using fresh apples I always like to use 2 kinds of apples. My favorite combination is granny smith and galas.
- YELLOW CAKE MIX (I USED DUNCAN HINES)
- WHITE CHOCOLATE INSTANT PUDDING MIX
- BROWN SUGAR
- WHIPPING CREAM
- POWDERED SUGAR
Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 18.5 oz pkg yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 3.4 oz pkg white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup apple sauce
- 3 apples peeled and diced
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan or spray with Pam BAKING Spray (Be sure it is BAKING spray).
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs, and applesauce.
- Beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes. Then fold in the diced apple.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Invert cake on a cake plate and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium sauce pan, add butter, brown sugar, salt, and whipping cream. Heat over medium heat to combine and bring to a boil stirring constantly. When it reaches boiling allow to boil for one minute and remove from heat.
- Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes. Add powdered sugar to mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Immediately pour glaze slowly over cake and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 12.
Recipe adapted from the Our Table for Seven.