This post contains affiliate links.
If you are in need of a dessert for Christmas, this favorite bundt cake may just be what you are looking for. This cake begins with a box mix, but no one will ever guess. The mix does however, make it really simple to put this cake together.
This cake itself has a nice light chocolate flavor. It isn’t too sweet or rich. The reason for this is it begins with a yellow cake mix but then you also add in a box of chocolate dry instant pudding. This combo give the cake its perfectly not too chocolatey chocolate flavor. The pudding adds flavor and moistness to this cake.
Another ingredient that makes this bundt cake unbelievably moist is 1 cup of sour cream. You also add in some canola oil, 4 eggs, and a cup of chocolate chips. The chocolate chips really shine in this cake since the cake isn’t extremely chocolate flavored.
The last part to this favorite bundt cake is a drizzling of white baking chocolate. You just need to microwave the chocolate for a few seconds until melted and then drizzle over the cooled cake. It’s the perfect finishing touch.Print
Favorite Bundt Cake
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 12 1x
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounces) pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water and sugar. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 14 cup bundt pan. I use a baking spray that include flour in it. It’s my no fail way to have the cake actually come out of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then invert to remove from the pan. Then cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt the white chocolate according to the package directions, stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Recipe is adapted from Taste of Home.