The other day I shared a sweet cereal snack mix. Well, today I have a savory version. It’s a savory cheesy ranch Crispix mix with a hint of sweetness.
This snack mix includes 5 items. There is Crispix cereal, mini pretzels, gold fish crackers, cheese crackers and oyster crackers. For the cheese crackers, I used regular Cheezits. I do think next time I am going to try to use the white cheddar Cheezits. I love using the Crispix instead of Chex cereal. It give you both the rice and corn cereal in one piece. It also only requires me to buy 1 box of cereal instead of two.
The coating for the mix consists of butter, ranch dressing mix, Worcestershire sauce along with a little brown sugar and cayenne pepper. There is not enough cayenne to make is spicy, but you could up the cayenne if you really wanted to give it more of a kick.
Once you get everything mixed together, you are going to bake this for 1 hour at 225 degrees. This just bakes that coating onto all of the mix. You do need to mix it a couple of times during the baking process to insure everything is well coated and that the coating is getting cooked onto the ingredients well. This cheesy ranch Crispix mix is a great addition to a holiday party spread of it works great to give as a gift.Print
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 (1 oz) pkgs ranch dressing mix
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 5 cups Crispix cereal
- 3 cups mini pretzels
- 3 cups oyster crackers
- 3 cups cheese crackers (like Cheezit crackers)
- 2 cups goldfish crackers
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Line a 13 x 18-inch sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In an extra large bowl, combine Crispix cereal, mini pretzels, oyster crackers, cheesy crackers, and goldfish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, ranch dressing mix, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper together. Pour over the cereal/cracker mix and toss to coat well.
- Spread in an even layer on prepared sheet pan and bake at 225 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Dixie Crystals.