Manicotti is one of those dishes like lasagna, the family loves it but it takes a lot of work to make. This no boil slow cooker manicotti recipe eliminates the step of boiling the pasta.
The moisture from the sauce and the slow cooking process cook the noodles. Manicotti has never been so easy. It saves time and the uncooked shells are much easier to fill than cooked ones. Just pair it with some bread and a salad and you are all set!
- 1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup shedded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen spinach thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- salt and pepper to taste
- For Manicotti:
- 1 (8 oz) pkg manicotti shells
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients together.
- Add the filling to a gallon sized zip top bag. Cut one corner off the bag. Pipe filling into each uncooked manicotti.
- Pour 1/3 of the marinara sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker and spread out evenly.
- Place 1/2 of the filled manicottis on top of the sauce. Pour 1/3 of the sauce over the manicotti and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of each cheeses.
- Add the remaining manicottis to the slow cooker. Pour the rest of the sauce the manicotti and sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours until pasta is fork tender. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Living Sweet Moments.