Stew, just like this meatball stew recipe, is one of those fabulous family favorite meals. It is something that the whole family at my house is all on board for. Plus, with the crazy weather we are having right now across the United States, it is perfect for those cold and snowy days.
Now this meatball stew recipe can be made on the stove top or in a slow cooker. I personally prefer to make it in the slow cooker. This recipe also has a great short cut to make it a little faster to put together. This recipe uses fully cooked frozen meatballs for the meat in this recipe. You can get them from the frozen food section of the grocery store or if you like to make your own, you can always use those too.
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 12 oz pkg or 20 Meatballs fully cooked frozen meatballs
- 3 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 1 10¾ oz can tomato soup
- 1 0.87 oz pkg beef gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 1 oz pkg onion soup mix
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or 2 teaspoons granules
- In a large pot or in your slow cooker, add the meat balls and chopped vegetables.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients and stir until combine.
- For the stovetop: Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour or until vegetables are tender
- For the slow cooker: Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Pocket Change Gourmet.