Say Happy Valentine’s Day with these creamy strawberry crepes! I hope everyone has a loved one today that tells you how much they love you.
Whether you are celebrating Valentine’s today or this weekend, these creamy strawberry crepes will be a great addition to your celebration. They look festive and taste amazing. The lemon juice and zest in the filling just enhance the flavor of the fresh strawberries.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- Additional butter for the pan
- 1 (8 oz) pkg light cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced and divided
- Additional powdered sugar
- In a blender, add the eggs, milk, water, butter, salt, and flour; blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, add 1 tsp. butter. Pour 2 Tbsp batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan until batter evenly coats the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 20 or so seconds until top appears dry; flip and cook other side for 20 seconds. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed. Stack crepes with waxed paper or parchment paper in between.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, zest and vanilla together. Fold in the whipped cream followed by 2 cups of the strawberries. Spoon 1/3 cup of the filling down the center of each crepe and roll up. Garnish with remaining berries and powdered sugar. Makes 14 servings.