Here is another yummy way to fill a crepe. These banana caramel coconut crepes are a tropical paradise for your mouth. This idea was shared recently by Amy Richardson on Studio 5, a local TV show. I really loved the toasted macadamia nuts and coconut in these!
This recipe however was missing something for me. So next time, instead of filling it with whipped cream for the filling, I’m gonna make the mousse in a minute recipe from yesterday using coconut cream pudding. Then I’ll top the whole thing off with a dollop of some whipped cream. YUM!Print
- One batch of my Crepe Recipe (the one I shared yesterday)
- Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce (recipe below)
- 3–4 Bananas
- Toasted Macadamia Nuts
- Toasted Coconut
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Place crepe on plate, and slice ½ banana onto center of crepe.
- Lightly spoon some of the caramel sauce onto the bananas. Spoon on a dollop of whipped cream.
- Make a cone shape by folding half of the crepe ½ way, and then folding its opposite side to form the cone shape.
- Lightly drizzle more caramel on top, sprinkle with toasted Macadamia nuts and coconut.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy! Serves 6-8.
- 1/2 cup Coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Spread chopped nuts or coconut evenly in a shallow baking pan and bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 2 heaping tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks form.