For a while now, I have had a few recipes for making banana bread that I have wanted to try. The great thing about them is they use a cake mix as the base for the recipe. The recipes for today and tomorrow are both recipes for a banana bread that all begins with a cake mix. Then, on Monday I have a recipe that uses the banana bread. Be sure to check it out!
So today’s recipe is a banana bread Bundt. I thought a Bundt would be a fun and pretty way to serve up some banana bread as part of a breakfast/brunch. I adapted this recipe from one I found in a Kraft Food and Family magazine. The thing that caught my eye with the recipe is that it also includes a box of banana pudding. I knew the pudding would making it absolutely moist but wondered how the banana flavor would add to this bread.
I must say that this banana bread is DIVINE. It turns out SO MOIST and the banana flavor just helps to give it a little extra flavor punch!
This would be a great go to recipe when you need to use up some brown bananas. It is so delicious and is simple to whip together thanks to the cake mix. You could even turn this Bundt into a delicious dessert just by topping it with this sour cream frosting or with a cream cheese frosting like this. Just omit the zest and use milk in place of the juice. Love it! It’s gonna be my new go to banana bread recipe.
Banana Bread Bundt
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 18.25 oz box yellow cake mix
- 1 3.4 oz pkg banana cream flavored instant pudding **
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 3
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and Flour a bundt pan or spray the pan with Pam Baking spray. (Be sure it is the BAKING spray. It has flour added to the spray. It is the only way I do bundts now. They never stick to the pan)
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and banana. Blend with a mixer on low for 30 seconds then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold the nuts into the batter and pour into the bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in the bundt pan for 10 minutes then invert onto onto cooling rack.