Ok, I think this may be my last zucchini post for this year. I found this recipe for orange zucchini cake over at Kara’s Kitchen Creations. This is the same site I got the Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Cake recipe from. This cake turned out excellent. I loved the citrus flavor.
Now this time I used some Pam cooking spray that is made for baking to coat my pan .
Using this spray takes place of greasing and flouring your pan. It’s the foolproof way to get a bundt cake out of the pan. The cake turned out with a light crunchy outside along with a dense moist center. Since I changed my cooking method with using the Pam spray, I’m not sure if the crunchy outside was just the way the cake turns out or because of the Pam spray. Either way it was delicious. I only wish the crunch would stay for the second day.
Only change I would do is make sure to use the zest in the frosting. I didn’t have enough to add to the frosting, so I left it out. I do think it would even be better with the zest. It would heighten that great orange flavor. Another great zucchini creation.
Also make sure to stop back tomorrow. I’m gonna have my best giveaway to date. I wish I was able to enter in the drawing.
Another good thing for you, look for the Betty Crocker ad on my site for potatoes. They are offering a free sample of potatoes, so take advantage of this offer and get a free side for dinner!
- FROZEN ORANGE JUICE CONCENTRATE
- ORANGE ZEST
- GRATED ZUCCHINI
- BAKING POWDER
- BAKING SODA
- CHOPPED NUTS (OPTIONAL)
- CREAM CHEESE (I USED REDUCED FAT)
- POWDERED SUGAR
- FRESH ORANGE JUICE
Orange Zucchini Cake
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 ½ cups grated zucchini
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional, I didn't use these
- Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 Tbsp soft butter
- 3 oz soft cream cheese I used reduced fat
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- dash salt
- 2-3 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice approximately
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar, orange juice, and zest till smooth. Stir in zucchini and vanilla, then dry ingredients. Pour into a large greased and floured Bundt pan. bake at 325 for about 50 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Let sit in pan 5-10 minutes, then remove to cooling rack. Cool and frost with orange cream cheese frosting.
- For the frosting - Beat butter and cream cheese till smooth. Add powdered sugar, salt, zest, and enough orange juice to make a spreadable consistency.