However, the way you cook this burrito is different, you fry it. So I think this is technically a chimichanga, but who cares what you call it, it’s good. Give this quick and easy recipe a try. (It’s even quicker if you already have taco meat) Print
This post contains affiliate links.
I can’t remember exactly how I came across this recipe for tasty burritos. I think it came in an email or something from Taste of Home. It’s a quick and easy recipe. There really isn’t anything exciting about the ingredients.
However, the way you cook this burrito is different, you fry it. So I think this is technically a chimichanga, but who cares what you call it, it’s good. Give this quick and easy recipe a try. (It’s even quicker if you already have taco meat)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkt taco seasoning
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 6 flour tortillas (12 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Colby-Monterrey Jack cheese
- 4 tsp canola oil
- Sour cream and salsa
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning.
- In a small saucepan, cook refried beans over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of beans off-center on each tortilla; top with about 2 rounded tablespoons of beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown burritos in oil on all sides. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in October 2014.
[…] Tasty Burritos […]
These are very good! I heat some chili with no beans, melt some Velveeta, chop up some jalapenos and have sliced black olives to use as toppers for ours.
These were very tasty! Have you experimented with other ingredients for the filling besides beans, beef & cheese?
Also, this didn’t throw me off, but it might a very beginner….you might want to include the step of adding 3/4 cup of water to the taco seasoning and beef mixture.
Thanks for the tasty recipes!
[…] Tasty Burritos […]
These are fabulous! Even my kids love them and they are pretty picky eaters.
oooh, I've made these before–my BF calls them "Grilled Stuffed Burrito (from Taco Bell) imitators"!
Great idea! The browning makes them look so much more tasty!
yum! my mom always made these and i make them for my kids. they are so quick, easy and delicious
we make this all the time because they're so budget friendly! it's also good with a little bit of spinach inside.