This post may contain affiliate links.
I saw this recipe for flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies a little bit ago on Two Peas and A Pod who adapted this recipe from Joy the Baker. Maria at Two Peas in a Pod is a real cookie connoisseur. So I really wanted to try this recipe. Plus my son has a friend with a gluten allergy and I thought maybe I could have these for when he’s at our home.
They would also be an excellent treat to whip up for an after school snack or to toss into a sack lunch for school. They turned out great. I did ask my family if they prefer these or my regular PB cookie. They all prefer the regular PB cookie I make, but this still was a great cookie.
Today, I also wanted to share some school lunch ideas that I came across recently. One of the biggest tips was to mix up what you use to put the sandwiches on whether it be rolls, a hot dog bun, tortilla, or mini bagels. There are all kinds of fun options out there.
A great idea that sounded yummy to me was to make a sandwich using raisin bread, then spread a slice of bread with reduced fat cream cheese and raspberry jam. Then fold the slice of bread diagonally and pinch edges to seal. Then you create a triangular pocket type sandwich. Sounded fabulous to me.
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup brown sugar & 1/2 cup white sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Mix the peanut butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the salt, baking soda, and chocolate chips.
- Spoon dough into balls, about 1 Tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Place them on the cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Smash with a fork and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let them sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes. Move to a wire rack and cool. Make sure you don’t over bake. They will set up and you want them to be soft.
This is the original photo for this picture. The above photo was updated in July 2017.
So good and super easy!
I'm gluten free and can't wait to try these out!
I never knew that I can make cookies without using flour. That is wonderful.
I happened upon your blog while looking for zucchini recipes, and just love all your great recipes- Ive tried the zucchini cakes, blueberry zucchini bread, wingers sauce, bbq pork, and now I am off to make peanut butter cookies! Thanks for making me love cooking again- love love love your blog!
Glad you liked the cookies. You know I have a cookie obsession, these are great!
that sounds interesting. no butter or oil too? i guess the PB provides all the fat you need for the cookie.
looks like its worth a try!