I saw this recipe for flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies a little bit ago on Two Peas and A Pod who adapted this recipe from Joy the Baker. Maria at Two Peas in a Pod is a real cookie connoisseur. So I really wanted to try this recipe. Plus my son has a friend with a gluten allergy and I thought maybe I could have these for when he’s at our home.
They would also be an excellent treat to whip up for an after school snack or to toss into a sack lunch for school. They turned out great. I did ask my family if they prefer these or my regular PB cookie. They all prefer the regular PB cookie I make, but this still was a great cookie.
Today, I also wanted to share some school lunch ideas that I came across recently. One of the biggest tips was to mix up what you use to put the sandwiches on whether it be rolls, a hot dog bun, tortilla, or mini bagels. There are all kinds of fun options out there.
A great idea that sounded yummy to me was to make a sandwich using raisin bread, then spread a slice of bread with reduced fat cream cheese and raspberry jam. Then fold the slice of bread diagonally and pinch edges to seal. Then you create a triangular pocket type sandwich. Sounded fabulous to me.
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar I used 1/2 cup brown sugar & 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup chocolate chips I used semi-sweet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Mix the peanut butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the salt, baking soda, and chocolate chips.
- Spoon dough into balls, about 1 Tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Place them on the cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Smash with a fork and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let them sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes. Move to a wire rack and cool. Make sure you don't over bake. They will set up and you want them to be soft.