Here is a great grilling recipe for sweet grilled steak bites. I found it on allrecipes.com. It does require marinating time, but is well worth it.
These bites of beef are tender and tasty! It does call for Greek seasoning, which is a mixture of onion, garlic, oregano, and a touch of mint. If you don’t have any Greek seasoning and don’t want to buy it, you could probably substitute 1/4 tsp oregano, and 1/4 tsp dried onion and get similar results. However, the full fledge greek seasoning will have more flavor.
- 2 lbs cubed beef stew meat
- 1/2 tsp Greek seasoning, or to taste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Season the meat with Greek seasoning. In a large resealable bag or non reactive bowl, combine the soy sauce, corn syrup, garlic and seasoned salt. Massage the bag to blend, then add the beef. Press out most of the air and seal.
- Marinate for up to 24 hours, flipping over occasionally to evenly marinate.
- Preheat a grill for medium heat. When hot, lightly oil the grate. Thread the beef cubes onto skewers. (If using wooden skewers make such to soak them in water first. This prevents them from burning)
- Grill the meat on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until they have reached your desired degree of doneness. Be careful not to let the flames get too high. These will darken quickly because of the high sugar content. Don’t worry- they aren’t burning!