This dish is a great go to meal on those crazy nights. You could even make it ahead of time and just reheat. The kids will love it and have fun with the slider size. This recipe for Sloppy Sliders comes from Chef Phillip Yates from the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City. He shared the recipe on a recent episode of Good Things Utah. I figured if a fancy chef from a swanky hotel can make sloppy joes, then I must give them a try.
I did make a few adaptions to the recipe. The biggest change being the use of ground beef instead of ground turkey. They were delicious. Loved by all in this house. It is made with very simple ingredients and makes a yummy sweet sauce.
- GROUND BEEF (CAN USE GROUND TURKEY IF YOU PREFER)
- MEDIUM ONION
- GREEN BELL PEPPER
- BROWN SUGAR
- DRY MUSTARD
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- TOMATO JUICE
- SLIDER BUNS OR ROLLS
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb. ground beef can use ground turkey if you prefer
- ½ of medium onion diced
- ½ of green bell pepper
- 1 tsp garlic diced
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ Cup tomato juice
- slider buns or rolls I got a bag of white dollar rolls from my local Walmart
- Cook beef, onions, pepper and garlic together in skillet over medium heat until cooked thoroughly.
- Mix in ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard, Worcestershire, and tomato juice and simmer for a few minutes to warm the sauce.
- Serve on slider buns. Makes 12-15 sliders.