My family are garlic lovers, especially my husband so I knew they would all love these slow cooker garlic beef sliders.
This meat is moist and flavorful. If you aren’t a garlic fan, you. could leave that out and they would still be amazing. This recipe for slow cooker garlic beef sliders is simple and flavorful!
Start by making together a spic mix. This is a combination of pepper, onion powder, paprika, and brown sugar. Rub this mixture over a 3 pound chuck roast. Then place it in the slow cooker. Then some beef broth is poured around the roast. Now you cook it on low for 8-9 hours.
In the meantime, you are going to roast some garlic with a little olive oil in the oven. This takes 30 minutes. When roast is done, you will need to remove it from slow cooker. Shred the meat, removing any fat. Remove all but 1/2 cup of liquid from the slow cook and set aside. Add the shredded roast and roasted garlic to the slow cooker. Stir with the liquid in the slow cooker to moisten. Add extra of the reserved liquid only if needed.
This beef then is served up on slider rolls with some parmesan cheese. We also like to add a little mayo to each slider, but that’s just a personal preference. I also like to use King’s Hawaiian rolls for these. They are a family fav.
- COARSE KOSHER SALT
- ONION POWDER
- BROWN SUGAR
- CHUCK ROAST
- BEEF BROTH
- GARLIC HEADS
- OLIVE OIL
- PROVOLONE CHEESE
Slow Cooker Garlic Beef Sliders
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 ½ tsp coarse kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 full heads of garlic
- olive oil
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- 1 ½ dozen slider rolls
- In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, and brown sugar together.
- Pat roast dry with paper towels and then rub with the spice mixture to coat.
- Add roast to slow cooker and pour broth around the roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- In the meantime, roast the 2 heads of garlic by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Then peel off the paper skin but leave the cloves intact. Then slice off the tip of the head so the cloves are exposed.
- Place the garlic head on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with a tsp or 2 of olive oil. Wrap to cover completely with the foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the skin by squeezing them out of the skins. Mash well and set aside.
- When roast is done, remove from slow cooker and shred removing any fat. Remove all but 1/2 cup of liquid from the slow cook and reserve. Add the shredded roast and garlic to the slow cooker. Stir into the liquid in the slow cooker to moisten. Add extra liquid if needed.
- Cut slices of cheese into 4 pieces and place a piece of cheese on each slider along with the beef. Makes 1 1/2 dozen.
Recipe adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.