This meat is moist and flavorful. If you aren’t a garlic fan, you could leave that out and they would still be amazing. This recipe is simple and flavorful!
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 full heads of garlic
- olive oil
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- 1 1/2 dozen slider rolls
- In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, and brown sugar together.
- Pat roast dry with paper towels and then rub with the spice mixture to coat.
- Add roast to slow cooker and pour broth around the roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- In the meantime, roast the 2 heads of garlic by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Then peel off the paper skin but leave the cloves intact. Then slice off the tip of the head so the cloves are exposed.
- Place the garlic head on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with a tsp or 2 of olive oil. Wrap to cover completely with the foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the skin by squeezing them out of the skins. Mash well and set aside.
- When roast is done, remove from slow cooker and shred removing any fat. Remove all but 1/2 cup of liquid from the slow cook and reserve. Add the shredded roast and garlic to the slow cooker. Stir into the liquid in the slow cooker to moisten. Add extra liquid if needed.
- Cut slices of cheese into 4 pieces and place a piece of cheese on each slider along with the beef. Makes 1 1/2 dozen.
Recipe adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.