When I saw this recipe from Andy at Dinner’s on Me, I had to keep it to try. I mean banana bread with peanut butter, I love just about anything with peanut butter. Plus, bananas and peanut butter go well together.
Shortly after I found this recipe, my sweet neighbor called. She had purchased a bunch of bananas that were on sale at the store because they were turning brown. My neighbor bought a lot and was going to freeze them, but didn’t have enough space for all of them. So she sent over two large bunches of bananas. My first thought then was of this recipe. I had to try it.
This recipe is very easy to put together and can all be done in one bowl. I must say this bread turned out fabulous. It is a very good banana bread as far as banana breads go and it has just a hint of peanut butter flavor along the the banana. It’s not over powering, just a nice compliment to the banana flavor. I will absolutely make this again when I have bananas that need some attention. It was delicious.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3 large or 4 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan by buttering or use cooking spray.
- Place butter and peanut butter into one bowl and use microwave to melt. Using a large mixing bowl and spoon combine peanut butter mixture and mashed bananas. Add both sugars, beaten egg and vanilla, stir to incorporate all ingredients. Then add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir just enough to combine, but do not over mix the batter.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour then test with toothpick. Loaf is done with toothpick comes out clean. Cool remove from pan, slice and enjoy!
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in June 2019.