Today’s recipe is a banana bread recipe that has been simplified with the use a cake mix. I am not sure where I got this banana bread recipe from. However, before I originally made it, I had been holding on to it forever and then finally gave it a try when I had some bananas to use up.
Now, you can use a white or yellow cake mix to make it. I decided to try it with a butter pecan cake mix the first time I made it. You can mix some nuts into the batter if you like. However, I usually don’t because my family isn’t a fan of nuts.
This bread is so easy, yummy, and moist. It only takes some banana, cake mix, oil, and eggs. So only four ingredients. If you add in some nuts, it will make it 5 ingredients. I have also used the banana bread to make banana bread French toast.
- CAKE MIX (YELLOW, WHITE, OR I USED BUTTER PECAN)
- OVERRIPE BANANAS
- NUTS (OPTIONAL)
- 1 (18.25 oz) pkg cake mix (yellow, white, or I used butter pecan)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl blend together the cake mix, eggs, oil, and bananas for 2 minutes. Pour batter into a greased 5.25 x 9 x 2.75 loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely. Makes 1 large loaf.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Breads
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This the original photo from this blog post when it was first posted in April 2011.