This of a great breakfast consisting of hash brown, sausage, and eggs. It’s a great meal but can be crazy making all three separate items. So why not just enjoy it all together in something like this hash brown breakfast casserole? You get all the flavors but all packed into one little square.
This takes one less pan to make and you aren’t trying to prep them all at the same time in 3 separate pans. You do need to cook the sausage a head of time in a skillet, but then everything else cooks together in the oven.
You take some thawed shredded hash browns into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Next, you sprinkle a layer of that cooked sausage. Now is the time for the eggs. You whisk together the eggs with some milk and spices. Then this gets poured over the hash browns and sausage.
To finish this hash brown breakfast casserole off, you sprinkle the whole thing with shredded cheese. The next step is bake this in the oven. This is the hardest part, to wait for this all to get cooked in the oven. It takes about 60 minutes to cook. You cook it the first 40 minutes covered with foil. Then uncover it and cook for another 30 minutes until the center is cooked and set!Print
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 12–18 ounces frozen hash browns ,thawed (about half a package)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage, breaking into pieces, until no longer pink. Drain off excess fat.
- Spread, the thawed hash browns in the bottom of the prepared 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the sausage over the top of the hash browns.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and spices. Pour over the casserole in the pan. Sprinkle the cheese over the top. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove the foil then continue baking until the center is set, about 20-30 minutes more. Serve hot.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Crazy for Crust.