A few weeks ago, I had some bananas that needed to be turned into something. I wanted to make a sweet treat and this simple banana cake is what I ended up creating. It is delicious. I think my husband finished off half the cake himself.
The cake is moist and flavorful. The sour cream frosting was the perfect accompaniment. The sour cream gave the sweet frosting just enough tang. You could even turn the banana cake into a sheet cake. Just be sure to double the frosting.
Remember that I will be appearing on Studio 5 today at 11 am!Print
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 very ripe mashed bananas
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, water, oil, eggs, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Beat with a mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add bananas and blend well.
- Grease & flour a 9 x 13 pan. Add batter to the pan and bake following the instructions on box.
- Cool cake after baking.
- In another bowl, add the powdered sugar, sour cream, butter, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, or until smooth and fluffy.
- Frost cake with frosting. Store cake in the fridge.