I am finally at home with my daughter. No more hospital for now. To celebrate being home, I have a great giveaway for you today. It is courtesy of MyBlogSpark. I aam also sharing a banana layer cake recipe. The prize pack includes a insulated picnic bag, a picnic blanket, and coupon to get a free sample of Yoplait’s new Splitz yogurt. I also got a prize pack and plan on trying out the picnic bag and blanket Monday at the zoo.
Yoplait Splitz is the new yogurt that tastes like a sundae. Providing all of the goodness of 100% real yogurt, Yoplait Splitz is a good source of calcium and vitamin D. With no artificial flavors or sweeteners and no high fructose corn syrup, this 90 calorie dessert is the treat your family craves.
For an even “cooler” experience, just pop a Yoplait Splitz in the freezer. In a few hours you can enjoy a cool, creamy cup of authentic frozen yogurt. They are available in three delicious flavors including Strawberry Sundae, Strawberry Banana Split, and Rainbow Sherbet. Yoplait Splitz is sure to have your family screaming for more. I tried the Strawberry Sundae flavor. This yogurt is thick, creamy, and delicious. It tasted just like a strawberry sundae.
In addition, visit https://www.myblogspark.com/uc/main/7b3a/ to download a printable coupon for $0.75 off any flavor Yoplait Splitz today!
To enter this giveaway, leave a comment telling which flavor of Yoplait Splitz you would like to try. You have until Tuesday September 7th at 10 pm (MST) to enter.
I also have a yummy cake recipe that I adapted from Your Home Based Mom. After the success with the last banana pecan cake recipe I tried that used a cake mix, I wanted to try this variation. The cake layers are filled with yummy fresh bananas and banana filling. Then it’s all topped off with whipped cream. This banana layer cake is a light and delicious variation from the usually cream cheese frosting version. Loved it. YUMMY!
- 4 very ripe mashed bananas
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large box of cooked banana cream pudding (not the instant)
- 5 additional bananas
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 heaping Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped walnuts
- Mix all the cake ingredients except bananas for 2 minutes, medium speed. Add bananas and blend well.
- Bake in 2 greased & floured round cake pans, following baking recommendations on box. Cool on racks. I made the cake the day before.
- Make pudding according to package directions. I make it using the microwave directions. If you do that, watch it on the last 2 minutes. Min overflowed and made a mess in my microwave. Let pudding cool
- Whip whipping cream with powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Split each cake round in half. Place one cake on serving dish. Spread with 1/3 of pudding mixture topped with banana slices. Repeat with remaining cake, pudding, and bananas. Frost the whole outside of the cake with whip cream & sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. I used banana slices on top of mine but think the walnuts would have been better.