Here is a great quick and easy dinner for those busy school nights. These Quick and Easy Cheesesteak Subs can easily be ready in 20 minutes.
I adapted the recipe from one I saw over at one of my favorite blogs, My Kitchen Cafe. I love cheesesteak sandwiches and this is a great tasting version. Deli roast beef makes these quick and easy cheesesteak subs a cinch to whip up.
Start by melting butter in a large skillet. Then add the onion and peppers. Cook those until softened and golden. If you like mushrooms, you could even add some of those in there too. Now stir in the garlic and oregano and cook for a minute, until it smells fragrant.
At this point, you add some A-1 sauce along with the deli roast beef beef Stir well to coat the beef with the sauce and onion/butter mixture. Cook until the meat is heated through. This takes just about about 2 minutes. Season it all with some salt and pepper.
Now place the sliced rolls on a rimmed baking sheet. Place to halves of provolone on half of each roll. Broil until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Top each roll with meat/vegetable mixture .
- GREEN PEPPER
- DRIED OREGANO
- A-1 STEAK SAUCE
- DELI ROAST BEEF
- SALT AND PEPPER
- SUB ROLLS
- SLICED PROVOLONE CHEESE
Quick and Easy Cheesesteak Subs
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 green pepper halved and sliced
- 1 onion halved and sliced into thin half moons
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp A-1 steak sauce
- 1 lb deli roast beef cut into 2-inch strips
- salt and pepper
- 4 -6 6-inch sub rolls (depending on how meaty you like them - I did 6)
- 4-6 slices provolone cheese cut on half
- In a large skillet, melt the butter, add the onion and peppers; cook until softened and golden. Stir in the garlic and oregano and cook for a minute, until it smells fragrant. Add the A-1 sauce and the beef, stirring well to coat the beef with the sauce and onion/butter mixture. Cook until the meat is heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sliced rolls on a rimmed baking sheet. Place to halves of provolone on half of each roll. Broil until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Top each roll with meat mixture . Serve immediately.