This is a fabulous recipe today for all you chocolate lover’s out there. It comes courtesy of my mom who got it from one of the girls who does her hair. According to my mom, her hair dresser recently discovered this Decadent Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe and said it has now turned into a dessert she makes every Sunday. My mom decided to try the cake for a party she was going to and brought by some leftover pieces for my family to try. I know, what a nice mom! I of course snapped a photo so I can share it with you all.
Now we had the cake cold, which was fabulous. However, my mom was told me that her hair dresser said it is best to eat this cake warm. When it’s warm, the cake tastes like a molten lava cake. So there is no need to frost this baby. It is rich enough without any frosting. Just give it a light dusting of powdered sugar. It is a great way to make it pretty. I would think the warm decadent chocolate bundt cake would also be excellent with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side! YUM!
Decadent Chocolate Bundt Cake
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 package 18 ¼ ounces devil's food cake mix
- 1 package 3.9 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup warm water
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered Sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, water, and eggs.
- Beat on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured (I always use Pam Baking spray - it's gotta be the baking kind) 10 inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely or eat it warm. Dust with powdered sugar if desired. 12 to 15 servings.