Here is another salad I had to try out so I took it to another potluck we had this month. I love taking layered salads to potlucks. You can make them ahead of time and they look pretty. Then you just mix it up when it’s time to serve. This layered pasta salad was simple to make, not a whole lot of ingredients. Plus it was very yummy. When I think of pasta salads, I usually think of salads made with an Italian/ oil and vinegar type dressing. I loved the creamy ranch flavor of this one. I found this layered pasta salad in my Summer issue of Food & Family from Kraft.Print
- 3 cups uncooked medium shell pasta, cooked, drained
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas, thawed, drained
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) smoked ham, chopped (I used an 8 oz pkg.)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- Place pasta in 3-qt. clear serving bowl. Next layer on half the peas followed by half the onion. Repeat with remaining peas and onion.
- Then layer on the ham.
- Mix mayo and dressing together. Spread over ham layer of the salad to seal.
- Top with cheese and tomatoes; cover.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Toss gently before serving.