This post contains affiliate links.
This loaded cowboy pasta salad is a man’s pasta salad. It’s hearty and filling. There is both beef and bacon in this salad. (Insert Tim Allen Home Improvement grunt). This is a pasta salad that the men love.
In addition to the meat, you have corn, cheese, tomatoes, and green onion. Barbecue sauce is added into that creamy dressing for the salad. It gives it some nice flavor. If barbecue was a salad, this is it!
Loaded Cowboy Pasta Salad
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- 1 lb. radiatori or rotini pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 ts. onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp chili sauce
- 1 (16 oz) frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup diced green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Strain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with the 1 Tbsp olive oil and set aside.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Chop into pieces. (I like to cook mine in the oven) Drain on paper towels.
- In a skillet, cook ground beef until browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Season beef with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, combine mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and chili sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the cooked pasta, bacon, ground beef, corn, grape tomatoes, cubed cheddar cheese, and diced green onions and toss until fully combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serves 10-12.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Recipe adapted from My Incredible Recipes.