You can make this Instant Pot pulled pork with just 3 ingredients. Then you add in buns and barbecue sauce, which will give you 5 ingredients to make it into a sandwich.
You can use any kind of bbq rub you like to make this. I happen to love McCormick Grill Mates sweet and smoky rub. However, if you want to make your own rub from scratch, the one I use on these pork ribs will work fantastically.
- 3–4 pound pork roast
- 1/4 cup bbq spice rub (I like McCormick Grill Motes Sweet & Smoky Rub or use the homemade rub in this recipe)
- 3/4 cup water or chicken broth
- bbq sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 10 buns
- Cut the pork roast into large chunks anour 3 inches big.
- Season pork with the rub.
- Put the broth in the Instant Pot and long with the seasoned pork. Set to cook on manual for 90 minutes. Once time is up, all pressure to release for 10 and then release any remaining pressure manually. Serves 10.
- Remove meat from the pot and shred. Serve on buns drizzled with bbq sauce.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Dinner, Dishes, and Desserts.