Tired of your regular old pasta salad recipe? Well, do I have a recipe for you! This dill pickle pasta salad is a fun change from your normal pasta salad.
This salad includes chunks of dill pickle along with fresh dill and chunks of cheddar cheese. However, it still includes pasta wrapped in a creamy robe of dressing.
If you are a dill pickle fan, this salad is for you!
Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 16 oz pkg large shell pasta
- ½ cup plus 4 Tbsp dill pickle juice divided
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup sliced small dill pickles
- 2 Tbsp grated onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill minced
- ⅔ cup diced cheddar cheese
- Boil pasta according to pkg directions. Rise with cold water and drain.
- In a bowl, toss pasta with 1/2 cup dill pickle juice and set a side for 5 minutes while you make the dressing.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 4 Tbsp of dill pick juice with the mayonnaise, sour cream, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Drain off any excess pickle juice with the pasta and toss with the dressing. Mix in all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cheese and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. When ready to serve, mix in the cheese. Serves 10.
Recipe adapted from Spend with Pennies.