Tired of your regular old pasta salad recipe? Well, do I have a recipe for you! This dill pickle pasta salad is a fun change from your normal pasta salad.
This salad includes chunks of dill pickle along with fresh dill and chunks of cheddar cheese. However, it still includes pasta wrapped in a creamy robe of dressing.
If you are a dill pickle fan, this salad is for you!
- 1 (16 oz) pkg large shell pasta
- 1/2 cup plus 4 Tbsp dill pickle juice, divided
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup sliced small dill pickles
- 2 Tbsp grated onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 2/3 cup diced cheddar cheese
- Boil pasta according to pkg directions. Rise with cold water and drain.
- In a bowl, toss pasta with 1/2 cup dill pickle juice and set a side for 5 minutes while you make the dressing.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 4 Tbsp of dill pick juice with the mayonnaise, sour cream, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Drain off any excess pickle juice with the pasta and toss with the dressing. Mix in all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cheese and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. When ready to serve, mix in the cheese. Serves 10.
Recipe adapted from Spend with Pennies.