Summer is salad season. I love to eat just about any salad at this time of year. Pasta salad is always a good option. This ham and cheese pasta salad today incorporates both sweet and savory flavors.
I used mini bow tie pasta when I made this. It’s the perfect bite sized shape. In addition to the pasta base off this salad, there is cubes of ham and cheese along with diced green onion mixed in there.
Now this is where the sweet comes in. There is also grape halves mixed in there. It may seen strange but it works. There is also a creamy dressing. This dressing base is equal amounts of mayonnaise and sour cream. Then there is cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, black pepper, dried dill, and salt added in there.Print
- 2 cups dry bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups diced, cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, mustard, sugar, pepper, dill and salt.
- Add the drained pasta, ham, grapes, cheese and green onions to the bowl with the dressing. Stir to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Taste and Tell.