Recently, we had a lunch at my work. One of my co-workers brought a broccoli salad and remided me about how much I love it. I also realized I have never shared my easy broccoli salad recipe with all of you.
Usually, I always prefer to cook my broccoli. However, this fresh broccoli salad is the exception. Bite sized broccoli florets are tossed in a simple dressing of mayo, sugar, and red wine vinegar.
In addition to broccoli, there is diced red onion, crumbled bacon, craisins, and shelled sunflower seeds. The combo is fantastic! You get the savory from the bacon, salty from the sunflowder seeds, and sweet from the craisins. I am seriously in love with this salad. I can eat it as my meal and be happy.Print
- 8 cups bite sized broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 16 oz cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl, add the broccoli, red onion, bacon crumbles, and craisins.
- In another bowl, whisk the mayo, vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper together. Pour over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate salad for at least one hour before serving. Toss with sunflower seeds just before serving. Makes 12 servings.
Recipe adapted from Delicious Meet Healthy.