You are going to be so surprised with today’s salad recipe. It may sound a little strange, but it is so delicious! I had this chili cheese frito salad at a potluck dinner with the women in my church.
The girl who brought was telling me how easy it was to make and what was in it. I couldn’t believe the ingredients: canned corn, mayo, chili cheese fritos, cheese, peppers, and onions. So easy and OHHHH SOOO GOOOOD!
The salad gets all the flavor from the seasoning on the Fritos. So I came home and googled the recipe. I found different variations. From those, I then created my own version based on what I was told was in the salad and the recipes I found in my search. I must say that I am not a huge fan of canned corn but totally don’t even care about that because this chili cheese Frito salad tastes that good.
- CANNED CORN
- RED PEPPER
- GREEN PEPPER
- RED ONION
- GRATED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- CHILI CHEESE FRITOS
Chili Cheese Frito Salad
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 14 oz. cans of corn, drained
- ¼ of a red pepper diced
- ¼ green pepper diced
- ¼ red onion diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 9 1/4 oz bag of chili cheese fritos
- Combine corn, peppers,onion, cheese, and mayo in a bowl. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving mix in the fritos. I save about a handful to sprinkle on the top. I also add a little tried parsley for color. Enjoy and eat it all because it's not good as leftover. The fritos get too soggy.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in June 2018.