You are going to be so surprised with today’s salad recipe. It may sound a little strange, but it is so delicious! I had this chili cheese frito salad at a potluck dinner with the women in my church.
The girl who brought was telling me how easy it was to make and what was in it. I couldn’t believe the ingredients: canned corn, mayo, chili cheese fritos, cheese, peppers, and onions. So easy and OHHHH SOOO GOOOOD!
The salad gets all the flavor from the seasoning on the Fritos. So I came home and googled the recipe. I found different variations. From those, I then created my own version based on what I was told was in the salad and the recipes I found in my search. I must say that I am not a huge fan of canned corn but totally don’t even care about that because this chili cheese Frito salad tastes that good.
- CANNED CORN
- RED PEPPER
- GREEN PEPPER
- RED ONION
- GRATED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- CHILI CHEESE FRITOS
- 3 (14 oz.) cans of corn, drained
- 1/4 of a red pepper, diced
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (9 1/4 oz) bag of chili cheese fritos
- Combine corn, peppers,onion, cheese, and mayo in a bowl. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving mix in the fritos. I save about a handful to sprinkle on the top. I also add a little tried parsley for color. Enjoy and eat it all because it’s not good as leftover. The fritos get too soggy.
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: American
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in June 2018.