At most holiday parties, you can usually find a cheese board or platter. I must admit, I really enjoy them, plus they are simple to do.
Sticking with my tree theme that I accidentally fell into when planning this week post, I am sharing a cheese board arranged to look like a Christmas tree. You can use various types of cheese and a variety of grapes.
You can have everything ready ahead of time and then just arrange it all on the platter or board when it is time for your gathering. Your guests will love the extra touch of festiveness that this Christmas tree cheese platter will give to your holiday table.
- 1 (8 oz) package cheddar cheese, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 (8 oz) package pepper jack cheese
- 1(8 oz) pkg Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/2 of an 8 oz pkg, Monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb green grapes
- 1 lb red grapes
- 1 pkg fresh thyme springs
- 2 Tbsp onion and chive spreadable cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (2 inch) piece of celery
- Place the cheese cubes and grapes in rows on a platter or cheese board to resemble a Christmas tree shape. Place cheese in the order listed above ending with the Monterey jack.
- Arrange the thyme springs through out the grapes on the platter like in the photo of the recipe.
- Roll the cream cheese spread into a ball and then roll in the parsley to coat. Place at the top of the tree. Place the celery piece at the bottom of the tree creating the trunk.
Recipe adapted from Kraft.