A veggie platter is usually included as part of the spread of food at just about any party. So why not make it fun!
I have a fun way to serve those veggies at your holiday party. It really can serve more as decor at your table. I would recommend having other veggies around to serve, but then you can always finish with a Christmas tree veggie platter.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 14 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 20 pretzel sticks
- Rinse and thoroughly dry vegetables. Trim broccoli.
- Arrange broccoli on serving platter to form tree shape and tomatoes to form garland. Arrange bell pepper to form star (see photo). If desired, cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Just before serving, arrange pretzels at bottom of tree to form trunk. Serve with your favorite vegetable dip.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.