A veggie platter is usually included as part of the spread of food at just about any party. So why not make it fun! Make it a Christmas tree veggie platter.
I have a fun way to serve those veggies at your holiday party. It really can serve more as decor at your table. I would recommend having other veggies around it to serve, but then you can always finish with a Christmas tree platter.
The tree is made from broccoli florets. Grape or cherry tomatoes are the ornaments on the tree. Then slices of yellow bell pepper are used to form a star on the top. Last, pretzels are used to make the trunk of the tree. If you’d rather use another veggie for the trunk, celery will work too. If you want, you can also at cauliflower at the bottom of the tree to make a snowy ground.
- FRESH BROCCOLI FLORETS
- GRAPE TOMATOES
- YELLOW BELL PEPPER
- PRETZEL STICKS
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 14 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 20 pretzel sticks
- Rinse and thoroughly dry vegetables. Trim broccoli.
- Arrange broccoli on serving platter to form tree shape and tomatoes to form garland. Arrange bell pepper to form star (see photo). If desired, cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Just before serving, arrange pretzels at bottom of tree to form trunk. Serve with your favorite vegetable dip.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.