I have another way for you today to turn a regular item you serve at this time of year into something a little more festive. Make a cheeseball look like a Christmas tree using 6 ingredients!
It isn’t much more work to form and decorate your cheese ball to look like a Christmas tree. Just shape into a tree shape, roll in chopped parsley to give it that green tree color, and decorate. The decorating the tree is the hardest part of the whole process. The great this is this is made ahead of time. Serve with crackers and you are set.
- 3 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese or light cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp basil pesto
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and pesto. Cover and refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Divide mixture in half and place one a sheet of plastic wrap. Loosely cover with the plastic wrap and shape each half into cone shape to look like a pine tree.
- At this point, you can wrap each tree, label and freeze up to 1 month. Twelve hours before serving, remove trees from freezer. Thaw in wrapper in refrigerator. Or place in the refrigerator again to firm up.
- Just before serving, roll trees in parsley, pressing it evenly onto trees. Place almond slices into trees in groups of 3. Press bell pepper pieces onto trees for ornaments. Serve with crackers. Makes 2 cheese balls.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.