Turn a tube of cinnamon roll dough into these festive Christmas Tree Cinnamon Rolls with today’s recipe.
This is so simple to do, there really is no reason not to make these. With just a few extra ingredients a regular round cinnamon roll is converted into a Christmas tree shared cinnamon roll.
- 1 pkg Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 3–4 drops green food coloring
- 5 yellow M&Ms (I only had peanut M&M’s on hand when I made mine and they work too)
- Unroll each cinnamon roll and shape on a baking sheet into a tree by starting at the base of the tree and making a 3″ line of dough and then curving it up to make the next row slightly smaller, and repeating until your dough is gone.
- Bake accordingly to package directions.
- While the rolls bake, mix the food coloring into the container of icing.
- Once cinnamon rolls are done and let cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Spread the green icing evenly over the top each tree then sprinkle with the sprinkles and place the yellow M&M on top for a star. Serves 5.
Recipe adapted from The Pinning Mama.