This week is Christmas week here at RMK. I have some fun and festive recipes that I will be sharing. It has been fun planning this weeks worth of post. To start off, I have an appetizer for ya. This recipe for Pita Christmas Tree Appetizers comes together in under 30 minutes and looks fun.
For any party you may be having this month, you can have this there. The hardest part of making these is getting the pretzel into the pita. This is one you could even get the kids helping you with. They will have fun helping decorate these edible Christmas trees.
Pita Christmas Tree Appetizers
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 6-7 inch pita breads (I used Papa Pita Greek Pita Bread)
- 16 thin pretzel sticks cut in half
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup guacamole
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips or diced I did some of both
- rosemary sprigs optional for garnish
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Careful insert a pretzel stick half into the bottom of each pita wedge. This makes the trunk of the tree.
- In a bowl, mix together the sour cream, guacamole, and chopped parsley. Spread about a teaspoon of the mixture over the top of each pita wedge.
- Garnish each pita wedge with bell pepper creating a zip zag pattern. These can be covered put in the fridge up to this point for up to 8 hours.
- Garnish platter with rosemary sprigs if desired when serving. Makes 32 servings.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.