When I was planning this Christmas week on the blog, I discovered after picking the recipes to make that 3 of the 4 recipes involve making food into some form of a Christmas tree. This was completely unintentional, however, it kind of turned out to be a nice theme. Today’s tree is in the form of a sweet treat, Christmas Tree Krispie Treats.
I thought these would be a fun thing to have the kids make and give their friends for Christmas. That is one of the best memories I have growing up. I made fun gifts for my friends. I even helped my friend at her house to make some fun Christmas gifts.
Christmas Tree Krispie Treats
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 bag 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Green coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 Tbsp red sprinkles such as Wilton
- 12 - 15 Reeses peanut butter cups miniatures
- 12-15 yellow M&Ms Minis
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt marshmallows and butter together. Stir until smooth. Mix in some green food coloring to achieve desired color.
- Mix in cereal and stir until well coated. Allow to cool 1 minute or until cool enough to touch.
- With greased hands, shape about 1/3 cup of the mixture into a small cone, pressing firmly. Place on a sheet of parchment or waxed papper. Shape remaining cereal mixture. You will end up with about 12-15 trees.
- Decorate cone with red sprinkles and top each cone with a yellow candy.
- Once trees are decorated, place each on top of a Reeses mini peanut butter cup. Makes 12-15 trees.
Recipe adapted from Family Circle.