I can’t believe that it will be Christmas in 1 week! When planning what to do this week on the blog, I decided to make it a sweet treat week worth of recipes including pecan pie bark.
All of the recipe work great to give out as a last minute gift or are excellent if you need to take a dessert to a party. They all aren’t too time consuming and are all delicious.
So first up is a quick pecan pie bark. The base is a layer of graham crackers. Then comes a sugary sweet pecan layer. They are excellent for any pecan lover.
There was 1 thing I would change about this recipe though. Next time, I would chop up the pecan halves instead of leaving them whole. They didn’t distribute evenly enough across all of the bark. Chopping the pecans would solve this.
I do think that I may also try brown sugar in place of the white sugar next time to see if you get more of that caramel-like flavor that you get from a pecan pie.
- PECAN HALVES
- HONEY GRAHAM CRACKERS
Pecan Pie Bark
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cups pecan halves chopped
- 12 sheets of honey graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lay your graham crackers tightly across the bottom of a 14 x 10 rimmed baking sheet. Trim any crackers if needed to fill the bottom. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan,add butter, sugar and pecans. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- remove from heat and carefully pour mixture over the entire sheet of graham crackers, spreading pecans around evenly.
- Then bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely. Then break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Wishes and Dishes.