Need a quick and easy appetizer that is festive too? I have just the recipe for ya today. This easy cream cheese pepper jelly tree is easy, tasty, and it looks impressive.
Basically you need a brick of cream cheese and some red and green pepper jelly. I used the Tabasco brand that, for you locals, I was able to pick up at Harmons. Add some crackers and your set! This is a favorite of mine and I like to serve it with the snowflake shaped Ritz, but just about any cracker is tasty.
Even though it’s pepper jelly, it really isn’t hot. My family can’t tolerate and and the red jelly was labeled spicy while the green is considered mild.
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1/2 of an 10 oz jar of green pepper jelly
- 1/2 of a 10 oz jar of red pepper jelly
- assorted crackers
- Cut the block of cream cheese in half on a diagonal, then arrange in triangle shape.
- If needed, warm the jelly in the microwave in 15 second intervals until pour-able.
- Place spoonfuls of jelly over the cream cheese alternating with each color.
- Serve immediately with assorted crackers.
Recipe adapted from She Wears Many Hats.