My mom makes the best homemade peach pie! Really, I have tasted other versions of pie and my moms is the best fresh peach pie I have had. She says that she thinks what makes it so good is it includes orange juice in the recipe. She made a pie the other night for my Dad’s birthday and I had to snap a photo so I can share the recipe with all of you.
If you know me, I love whipped cream. I use it whenever I can. In my opinion, you can’t have a slice of the best fresh peach pie without a generous dollop of sweetened whipped cream. For the picture, we piped on the whipping cream to make it look pretty.
- ORANGE JUICE
- LEMON JUICE
- LARGE FRESH PEACHES
- PREPARED PIE CRUST
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4–6 large fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 prepared pie crust
- Add cornstarch and sugar to a sauce pan. Whisk to combine.
- Add orange juice, water, and lemon juice to the mixture. Whisk to combine and bring to a boil until thick. You want the sauce to the thickness of a pudding. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place peaches in a bowl and fold in enough of the cooled sauce to coat the peaches. You may not need all of the sauce.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and chill for at least 2 hours.This is best if eaten it the same day.